Earlier this month, The South Florida Bloggers had their July meetup at Sawa Restaurant & Lounge in the Shops at Merrick Park. Thanks to a panel of wonderful speakers, brand PR managers Stephan Useche and Nicole Martinez, they got all kinds of helpful tips on how to work with brands as a blogger. Topics that were discussed included: how they connect with bloggers, the best way to reach out to them, how to land a paid gig, and their expectations for a brand collaboration.
Some of the questions asked were:
- How to find PR contacts? Who should you contact, the marketing manager, marketing director, marketing assistant, PR intern, Account Executive?
- Once you find the PR contact for the brand, how do you go from an unknown blogger to a collaboration?
- Should you pitch a collaboration idea in the first email?
- What type of research should you do before reaching out to a brand/PR agent (language, past brand campaigns, past influencer efforts).
- What do brands look for in terms of content and added value from a blogger?
- What are big no-no’s for bloggers pitching brands? What is too pushy?
- How do you find bloggers to collaborate with?
After the meetup, attendees were invited to join talented artists Andrea (from Vintage Unicorn) and Amaranta (from The Super Ama) in painting a special mural about Kind Collaboration.
Special thanks to all of our sponsors!
- Sawa Restaurant & Lounge for hosting and providing a delicious fusion of Mediterranean and Japanese food/refreshments!
- Johnny Was for gifting a beautiful silk scarf to each attendee.
- Boy Meets Girl Children’s Boutique, Hanna Anderson Premium Children’s Clothing, Liapela Modern Bay, L’Occitane en Provence, and Soul Cycle for providing special offers for each attendee.
Keep scrolling for more photos:
Thanks to all the lovely bloggers who attended! Can’t wait to see you all at the next one! <3
If you’re interested in joining us for our next event, make sure to register here to get added to our email list.
All photos were taken by Chapter Officer, Nabila Verushka (Nabila Verushka Photography)