Our February South Florida Blogger Meetup took place at Toscana Divino. A group of talented panelists – Sophia from Hami In Miami, (www.hamiinmiami.com), Lia Seirotti (www.liaseirotti.com), and Lola Pfaehler (www.byohlola.com) – gave us some advice and tips on how to get your followers interacting with your stories, sending DMs, and more.
What type of content should you post on IG Stories?
The speakers all agreed that Instagram stories are another type of communication with your followers. The content you publish should be different than your permanent IG feed. Publish content on Instagram stories that is more personal.
What’s the benefit of interacting with your followers in IG Stories?
When you interact with your followers in your own stories you start to build a relationship. The Instagram algorithm notices those followers are engaged with your content and will show those followers more of your content more often. Starting a DM conversation with your followers will prioritize your content in their stories’ timeline, making it more likely that they see it.
General IG Stories Tips:
- Use the same style and font so people can recognize is your branding in IG Stories.
- Look for inspiration and people in your niche to write and post about.
- Invest time planning your stories & branding your stories.
- Use the stories hashtag and geotag features. These will show your stories to people looking at the hashtag or geotag stories who may not be following you.
- Use as many Instagram’s features as possible. IG live, questions, polls, stickers, etc.
- Check your Metrics to see how you can improve what you are posting
- Be authentic when you share in your stories.
Thanks to everyone who attended our February meetup. We look forward to seeing you at the next meetup. Our March meetup will be about Diversifying Your Monetization Streams and will take place on March 16th. Make sure to RSVP your spot!
A special thanks to Toscana Divino for hosting us and providing us with delicious lunch as well as their refreshing and authentic wines! They’re located at 9000 South Miami Ave, Miami FL 33130
Thank you to Nescafe for the post-lunch cafecito of cold whipped lattes. Delish!
All photos were taken by Chapter Officer, Nabila Verushka.