This month we talked all things travel with veteran travel blogger Scott Eddy, foodie blogger / PR Director of Four Seasons Resort Nevis Mitchell Nover, Miami lifestyle and travel blogger Blame It On Mei, and the founder of The Blogger Union, Paola Mendez.
Best Advice When Pitching a Travel Brand For a Collaboration
- Find the PR contact for the brand. This person is most likely the decision maker.
- How do you find that contact? Search on LinkedIn. Google press releases. Press releases usually list the PR contact for the brand. Ask for the person in charge of blogger collaborations via the brand’s social media Direct Messages. Ask a fellow blogger friend to exchange brand contacts.
- Talk to people on social media and email as you would in person. Introduce yourself, say hello, and ask how they are doing.
- Ask for stays during low season. Don’t ask for a complimentary stay during high season. It shows you didn’t research the hotel.
- Brands are looking for content to use on their social media channels. Offering to provide high quality content will catch a brand’s attention.
- Research the brand before pitching them for a collaboration. Find an opportunity the brand is missing and pitch that angle for your partnership idea.
Sponsor Lime Fresh Mexican Grill
A big thank you to our sponsor Lime Fresh Mexican Grill who welcomed us to their modern Midtown location and provided lunch for attendees. We enjoyed delicious quesadillas, flautas, chips, and salsa.
Meetup Photo Gallery
We look forward to seeing you next month!