5 Chapter Officer Positions Open for the South Florida Bloggers Chapter
I am happy to report that the South Florida Bloggers chapter has grown to the point where we can enlist chapter officers! While there certainly is an opportunity to earn some income as a chapter officer, it is more a labor of love and it will bring you other types of intangible benefits such as:
- Exposure: I can tell you with 100% certainty that Coral Gables Love grew to 10K followers because I lead the chapter.
- Education: You will learn how to not only run a blogging business but also a community.
- Experience: You will have responsibilities that will lead you to acquire new useful skills. (ex: Reaching out to sponsors)
- Contacts in the industry/community: You will be working with our sponsors.
As chapter officer, the more you put in, the more you will get out of being a pillar of the South Florida Bloggers community.
So what are we looking for in a chapter officer?
– Bloggers who are professional.
– Bloggers who are dependable and follow through on everything they commit to.
– Bloggers who are creative and passionate about blogging.
– But most importantly, bloggers who are passionate about building a blogger community around kind collaboration. KINDNESS and inclusion over competition is what we are all about.
What type of responsibilities are expected from a chapter officer?
The following list of responsibilities will be shared between 5 officers:
– Chapter officers attend all South Florida Bloggers monthly meetups. This is important so that you can meet the members of the chapter and be visible.
– Help run the social media channels.
– Work with sponsors.
– Host blogger opportunities.
– Write content for South Florida Bloggers blog including event recaps.
– Help with day to day operations of the chapters.
– Help with the putting together of chapter events including opportunities and meetups.
– Come up with ideas to improve the chapter & bringing those ideas to life.
As the first and largest chapter we support the other chapters throughout the country. So a few of the responsibilities will include lending a hand to other chapters as needed.
How To Apply To Be a South Florida Bloggers Chapter Officer
- Send an email to email@example.com. Saying you are interested in being a chapter officer and why.
- Once you are approved as a potential chapter officer you will have a 1 month trial period as a volunteer. This is for you to see if you like being an active member of the chapter and if the responsibilities are manageable in the long term.
*Officers that don’t complete their responsibilities or miss monthly meetups will open up their spots for current volunteers to have a shot at being officers.*
I look forward to hearing from you,