For many of us, blogging started as a passion project. The thing about following your passion is that at some point, we found that we can’t imagine doing anything else with our time. Which means: our passion will just have to make us money!
For this month’s meetup, we brought in Miami’s sweetest spots to talk about making your passion your business. Sharing their wisdom were Suzy Batlle of Azucar Ice Cream and Andy Rodriguez of The Salty Donut. Moderating the inspirational panel was Stacy Moya of Best Food Miami.
This power foodie team provided the South Florida Bloggers with so many tidbits of wisdom, but here are a few favorites:
- Research before trying a new venture. Look at the numbers to see if it makes sense.
- You can learn how to be good at anything.
- Be unique. Make your business special so it will standout from the rest.
- Social media is the best way to reach your customers.
And of course, we love learning, but let’s not forget how much we looove giveaways,especially when they include food. Well, this time around, we had a mix of both.
Azucar Ice Cream gave us all a taste of what makes their establishment so special. SquareHue helped us get spring-ready by providing all attendees with their beautiful nail colors in pink, blue, and green. The Salty Donut handed out free complimentary drink tokens. And Pipeline Workspaces in Coral Gables provided us with a beautiful space, which also houses The Blogger Union’s HQ!
And before we go, we’d love to remind you of a few happenings at The Blogger Union:
- Ft. Lauderdale Bloggers chapter is launching April 2nd. We hope to see you there. RSVP by clicking here.
- We have some really exciting blogger opportunities in the pipeline. But just remember: the number one factor the South Florida Bloggers considers when picking members to participate is your ability to follow through. Not only is your reputation on the line as a professional, but you’re also representing the entire community. So, please remember to be involved with our community and honor your commitments.
- The Blogger Union is looking for volunteers! Involvement with our community will help you grow your business, you influence, and your network. If you are interested in helping and learning please email email@example.com
We’ll see you in April at our meetup dedicated completely to sponsorships. Sign up here.