Yesterday was our South Florida Bloggers October Meetup. I can’t believe it was our fifth meetup ever! Thank you for coming out to hang out and learn about growing your website’s traffic. We met at Batch gastropub in Brickell & had Ryan Stewart as our guest speaker. You can find his Power Point presentation: The Beginner’s Guide to Blog Optimization & Content Promotion on slideshare.
Here is what I learned yesterday:
- Collaboration: Other bloggers are not your competition. You should work together to leverage each other’s audience and get more traffic to your website.
- Content: The best thing you can do to get traffic to your website, great SEO rankings, and social media shares is to write Killer Content: content that provides value.
- Content: Write your content as if you are talking to a person not for SEO robots.
- Content: figure out who your specific audience is. Who are you speaking to?
- Content: Repurpose your content. You already invested the time to write a blog post. Convert it into a video, create a presentation you can talk about as a guest speaker, pitch it as a guest blog post with a custom introduction. Get the most out of every piece of content you create.
- SEO: Use Google’s free Keyword planning tool to pick the right keywords.
- SEO: Pick keywords that are less competitive.
- SEO: When picking a topic to write about, use Google Trends to pick topics that are on the rise.
Yesterday’s attendees were the first to hear the big news: blogger workshops are coming soon! Keep your eyes peeled for details coming soon