Our November South Florida Blogger Meetup this past Saturday was at Fritz & Franz Bierhaus located in the beautiful city of Coral Gables.
The talented Feuza Reís, Marketing and SEO expert, was in charge of this month’s topic: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
After a quick introduction, she shared with us links to get free downloads of her presentation and even the opportunity to participate in a contest at the end.
We all learned how to use Search Engine Optimization to increase traffic to our blogs and capture more of those online experiences.
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. In other words, boost your presence on Google, Bing and Yahoo!
- Things that can rank on google: photos, pins and boards, map listings, blog posts, etc.
- Search Engines scan the internet looking for new information. Then they take this information and categorize it and rank it.
- Search Engines don’t see photos or videos, for now. It’s all about the words in your text
- Use important keywords on your Website/Blog, words that make you different from the rest
How To Find Keywords For Your Blog
Main Keywords: Main keywords distinguish your work
What do you do?
Where do you do it?
What do you want to get found for?
What services do you offer?
These are longer keywords with more than 3 words
Make Google Happy
Follow the following rules:
- Content: Create content constantly to show your presence
- Organization: Have a schedule and follow it through
- Social proof: Make your work visible on social media and easily sharable too
You can get this presentation at Feuza Reís’ website:
Thanks to everyone who attended our November Meetup. We look forward to seeing you at the next ones.
A special thanks to Fritz & Franz Bierhaus for hosting us and providing us with delicious and huge pretzels as well as their refreshing and authentic beers! They’re located at 60 Merrick Way, Coral Gables, FL 33134
All photos were taken by Chapter Officer, Chen Ben Shoshan from Street Chic Geek.