2 Chapter Officer Positions Open for the South Florida Bloggers Chapter
I am happy to report that 2 of our Officers are moving on to big projects and new cities, leaving 2 spots open for new Chapter Officers! While there certainly is an opportunity to earn some income as a chapter officer, it is more a labor of love and it will bring you other types of intangible benefits such as:
- Exposure: I can tell you with 100% certainty that Coral Gables Love grew to 10K followers because I lead the chapter.
- Education: You will learn how to not only run a blogging business but also a community.
- Experience: You will have responsibilities that will lead you to acquire new useful skills. (ex: Reaching out to sponsors)
- Contacts in the industry/community: You will be working with our sponsors.
As chapter officer, the more you put in, the more you will get out of being a pillar of the South Florida Bloggers community.
So what are we looking for in a chapter officer?
– Bloggers who are professional.
– Bloggers who are dependable and follow through on everything they commit to.
– Bloggers who are creative and passionate about blogging.
– But most importantly, bloggers who are passionate about building a blogger community around kind collaboration. KINDNESS and inclusion over competition is what we are all about.
What type of responsibilities are expected from a chapter officer?
The following list of responsibilities will be shared between 5 officers:
– Chapter officers attend all South Florida Bloggers monthly meetups. This is important so that you can meet the members of the chapter and be visible.
– Help run the social media channels.
– Work with sponsors.
– Host blogger opportunities.
– Write content for South Florida Bloggers blog including event recaps.
– Help with day to day operations of the chapters.
– Help with the putting together of chapter events including opportunities and meetups.
– Come up with ideas to improve the chapter & bringing those ideas to life.
As the first and largest chapter we support the other chapters throughout the country. So a few of the responsibilities will include lending a hand to other chapters as needed.
How To Apply To Be a South Florida Bloggers Chapter Officer
- Send an email to email@example.com. Saying you are interested in being a chapter officer and why.
- Once you are approved as a potential chapter officer you will have a 1 month trial period as a volunteer. This is for you to see if you like being an active member of the chapter and if the responsibilities are manageable in the long term.
*Officers who don’t complete their responsibilities or miss monthly meetups will open up their spots for current volunteers to have a shot at being officers.*
I look forward to hearing from you,