When it comes to the blogging industry, whether you have decided to blog as a hobby or you blog professionally, finding options to build revenue from your blog has probably been of interest to you.
Our August Meetup was held at Sea Watch on the Ocean located at 6002 N. Ocean Blvd. With its beautiful beachfront views, it is no surprise this jewel has been around for over 40 years.
Our guest speaker, Evan Weber spoke about monetizing a blog through affiliate marketing. Evan has a digital marketing agency where he assists clients in the area of social media marketing, affiliate program management and Facebook advertising.
Weber’s Advice for Monetizing Your Blog…
- From visitors to subscibers…
- Pop Ups are the best way to transform your blog visitors into email subscribers.
- How often should you blog?
- Frequency of blogging is what puts you in the game. If you are posting once a week or a few times a month, that is not enough to help build your audience which will help monetize your blog. Bloggers should be posting often to keep their audience engaged.
- How can you drive more traffic to your blog?
- Posting daily content several times per day is ideal for becoming prolific with content production.
- When creating new blog posts, bloggers should have five to ten tags per post because it helps categorize the post which will help bring more traffic to the blog.
- Using Facebook apps are great because they connect to the reader’s page and 80% sign up allowing them to share content on their wall, on twitter and other social media platforms which can allow your content to go viral.
Affiliate Marketing Tools
Commission Junction affiliate is an online advertising company that forms partnerships between advertisers and publishers that can reach many consumers who shop online.
This online tool recognizes commercial products a blogger mentions in a post and links them without interrupting the flow of the blog or the reader’s experience.
We would like to thank Evan for his great tips and advice. You can connect with him online at…
Thank you to all who attended the meetup and a special thank you to our sponsor Sea Watch on the Ocean for hosting us and providing stellar appetizers. They are located at 6002 N. Ocean Blvd and can be found at www.seawatchontheocean.com
Some of the specials that are featured at Sea Watch include Wine Down Wednesday where guests can enjoy a bottle of wine half off all day.